All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1967, The Beatles unleashed their seminal album on an unsuspecting world. This new edition of The Act You've Kwn For All These Years explores the huge impact the album had on The Beatles and their contemporaries - Bob Dylan, The Beach Boys, Pink Floyd and The Rolling Stones. It was part of the reappraisals of Sgt. Pepper's cultural impact during 2007's fortieth anniversary, and the considerable press coverage that generated. Clinton Heylin reveals the inspirations and explodes the myths behind the album - and the 'Summer of Love' itself. The book also explores the history of the album as a cultural phemen, and reappraises its status as one of the classic albums of all time, from 1967 to the present day. Features interviews with those who were there at the time and those who followed in The Beatles' wake.
- Author BiographyClinton Heylin is the author of the definitive Bob Dylan biography Bob Dylan: Behind the Shades, among many other works, including Can You Feel the Silence? Van Morrison: A New Biography; Despite the System: Orson Welles versus the Hollywood Studios; and Babylon's Burning: From Punk to Grunge. He lives in Somerset.
- Author(s)Clinton Heylin
- PublisherCanongate Books Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanongate Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated throughout; plus 8pp b&w inset on text paper
- Weight465 g
- Width149 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.