All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTold by Luke the physician, acting as historian, this is the gripping and vital history of the early Christian church. Drawing upon the incredible first-hand sources at his disposal, he provides us with vivid glimpses of the great moments in those first years after Christ's death. The Acts of the Apostles commends Christianity to the world, for all people of ever country. William Barclay's commentary uncovers the richness of this important book of the New Testament, showing how the characters and events relate to our lives today. In his well-informed, enthusiastic style, he shows us how, in the space of just thirty years, Christianity spread from a small corner of Palestine to the very heart of Rome.
- Author BiographyWilliam Barclay (1907-1978) is known and loved by millions worldwide as one of the greatest Christian teachers of modern times. His insights into the New Testament, combined with his vibrant writing style, have delighted and enlightened readers of all ages for over half a century. He served for most of his life as Professor of Divinity at the University of Glasgow, and wrote more than fifty books--most of which are still in print today.
- Author(s)William Barclay
- PublisherSt Andrew Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleNew Daily Study Bible
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSt Andrew Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width127 mm
- Height187 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.