Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn our present state, we can hardly have a relationship that isn't wrong. Paradise is a state of mind before it is a reality-paradise began in the mind and was lost in the mind; the jungle hell of this world is Paradise lost. Roy Masters claims to have found the trouble, the key that opens the way back to the paradise state of perfect happiness for the human race. It is imperative to see directly to the original cause with detailed, objective precision; we must perceive the classic scene playing itself out over and over through different bodies, actors inherently and unconsciously doomed to follow the same old tragic script since antiquity. And then, in that moment of realization, the curse is broken. The only question is, can you stomach the truth?
- Author BiographyRoy Masters-who in his 80s continues to broadcast the longest-running counseling show in talk radio history-started his journey toward understanding human nature in the most unlikely of places. Growing up in pre-WWII England, he watched a performer easily put his volunteer subjects under a hypnotic spell and induced each of them to do strange and outlandish things. How, the young Roy wondered, could a smiling, personable stranger cause well-dressed, educated, competent adults to forget their names? Puzzled by the mysterious power the hypnotist had exercised over his subjects, Roy distinctly remembers pondering the question: Why can't hypnotism be used to make people act sensibly, rather than foolishly? Inspired by the idea of harnessing this baffling force for good, he later pursued the art of hypnotism and established a successful hypnotherapy practice. Over years of counseling as well as personal experience, Roy realized that the root of the power of negative suggestion lay in our wrong emotional response, and so he began to search for a way to help people overcome the hypnotic power of stress. After years of searching, he discovered a remarkably effective meditation method, and has been teaching it-with spectacular results-ever since. For over 50 years Roy counsels people primarily through his internationally syndicated daily radio program Advice Line, where callers discuss their most intimate problems and find genuine help and healing. He has served as a daily voice of sanity and conscience to his listeners, with the uncanny ability to zero in quickly on core problems. As the institutional home for his counseling work, Masters' formed the Foundation of Human Understanding in 1961. Through his daily radio broadcasts, lectures, seminars, his 18 books, countless audio and video programs-and the Internet-he has helped millions worldwide. He has also established a successful prison outreach and an innovative private K-12 school. Beyond all this, and at a time in life when most people would have long since retired, an energetic Roy Masters is delving deeply into yet another long-time interest-physics and cosmology. He has authored Finding God in Physics as well as a more technical treatise, Gravity Driven Universe and has lectured on Electricity from Gravity at the American Physical Society in Denver. Roy Masters and his wife, Ann, have been married since 1952. They have five grown children and 18 grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
- Author(s)Roy Masters
- Date of Publication29/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement4th
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.