Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Adaptable Jesus of the Fourth Gospel, Jason S. Sturdevant argues that the Gospel of John portrays Jesus as an adaptable teacher, who accommodates to different people in various ways to a singular end, to bring each to faith. In the same way, the Logos accommodates to humanity via the incarnation. Adaptability serves as both an interpersonal and universal category. Early Christian interpretations of John, especially that of John Chrysostom, describe the Jesus of John by echoing characterizations of the ideal Greco-Roman pedagogue, adapting to his diverse students. By looking to such interpretations, as well as illumination from the milieu of the Fourth Evangelist, Jason S. Sturdevant provides a new lens through which to understand the characterization of the Johannine Jesus.
- Author BiographyJason S. Sturdevant, Ph.D. (2013), Princeton Theological Seminary, is Teaching Assistant Professor of Religious Studies at North Carolina State University.
- Author(s)Jason S. Sturdevant
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleNovum Testamentum Supplements
- Series Part/Volume Number162
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight547 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.