Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionRadar is toriously tricky to operate and 'read' correctly for collision avoidance either with the land or with other vessels. But used by an informed operator it is an immensely valuable navigation tool - especially in poor visibility. GPS will tell you where you are, but it won't tell you if there's ather boat in that spot! Rather than taking a theoretical, academic approach, this book is highly practical and hands on - complementing the radar owner's manual and explaining what the operator really needs to kw when faced with actual situations at sea. Packed with illustrative photos, charts and radar screen shots, this book gives guidance from a real life, on-the-water perspective, and will enable readers to solve problems on the spot.
- Author BiographyBorje Wallin got his first boat at the age of 12, spending summers sailing in the Stockholm archipelago. Having served as mate, chief mate and master of passenger vessels in a 40 year career on the water, he has used his experience to write several books on navigation and seamanship.
- Author(s)Borje Wallin
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/11/2010
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Series TitleAdlard Coles Book of
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteColour photos, screenshots and diags throughout
- Weight254 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.