The Administrative Portfolio: A Practical Guide to Improved Administrative Performance and Personal Decisions by Mary Lou Higgerson, Peter Seldin (Hardback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $82.25+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionAcademic administrators occupy a position that is highly complex and entails unrelenting demands such as managing heightened workloads, stretching ever-tightening budgets, and promoting collegiality among intensely driven individuals. At the same time, administrators are facing increased accountability for their job performances. While confronted by these challenges, how can they supply concrete evidence of their accomplishments? The authors of this practical guide recommend preparing an administrative portfolio. Including ready-to-use and field-tested information, The Administrative Portfolio is a hands-on look at the why, what, and how of preparing and successfully using the portfolio. It includes * Practical suggestions for getting started and then maintaining the most effective use of portfolios * Key issues, red-flag warnings, and benchmarks for success * Helpful answers to common questions * Differentiation between portfolios for personnel decisions and those that are used for performance improvement * A list of 21 possible portfolio items from which administrators can choose the ones most personally relevant * A selection of 13 real portfolios from across administration positions and institutions Written for presidents, provosts, academic vice presidents, deans, department chairs, and program directors, The Administrative Portfolio presents as well as demonstrates sensible strategies for how to develop and use a strong portfolio.
- Author BiographyPETER SELDIN is Distinguished Professor of Management at pace University in Pleasantville, New York. A Behavioral scientist,, educator, author, and specialist in the evaluation and development of faculty and administrative performance, he has been a consultant on higher education issues to more than 300 colleges and universities throughout the United States and 40 countries around the world. A well-known speaker at national and international conference, Seldin regularly serves as a faculty leader in programs offered by the American council on Education, the American Association for Higher Education, and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. His well-received books include:The Administrative Portfolio (2002, with Mary Lou Higgerson); Changing Practices in Evaluating Teaching (1999, with associates); The Teaching Portfolio, second edition (1997); Improving College Teaching (1995, with associates); Successful Use of Teaching Portfolios (1993, with associates); The Teaching Portfolio (1991); How Administrators Can Improve teaching (1990, with associates); Evaluating and Developing Administrative Performance (1988); Coping with Faculty Stress (1987, with associates); Changing Practices in faculty Evaluation (1984); Successful Faculty Evaluation programs (1980); Teaching Professors to teach (1977); How College Evaluate Professors (1975). He has contributed to numerous articles on the teaching profession, student ratings, educational practice, and academic culture to such publications as The New York Times, The Chronicle of Higher Education and Change magazine,. For his contributions to the scholarship of teaching, he has received honorary degrees from Keystone College (Pennsylvania) and Columbia College (South Carolina).
- Author(s)Mary Lou Higgerson,Peter Seldin
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication24/07/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleJB-Anker
- Place of PublicationBolton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnker Publishing Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.