All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionOnly four men in American history have been promoted to the five-star rank of Admiral of the Fleet: William Leahy, Ernest King, Chester Nimitz and William Halsey. These four men were the best and the brightest the navy produced and together they led the U.S. navy to victory in World War II, establishing the United States as the world's greatest fleet. In THE ADMIRALS, award-winning historian Walter R. Borneman tells their story in full detail for the first time. Drawing upon journals, ship logs, and other primary sources, he brings an incredible historical moment to life, showing us how the four admirals revolutionized naval warfare forever with submarines and aircraft carriers, and how these men-who were both friends and rivals-worked together to ensure that the Axis fleets lay destroyed on the ocean floor at the end of World War II.
- Author BiographyWalter Borneman is the author of seven works of nonfiction, including 1812, The French and Indian War, and Polk. He holds both a master's degree in history and a law degree. He lives in Colorado.
- Author(s)Walter R. Borneman
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Content Note16 pp b/w photos on text stock, 3 b/w photos run w/text, 11 maps
- Weight532 g
- Width138 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.