All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Philip Mortimer has decided to spend his holidays in Cairo with his trusty servant, Nasir. There he plans to meet an old friend, who offers him the fantastic opportunity of satisfying his passion for Egyptology - to take part in the deciphering of some recently discovered papyrus coming from mummies of the Ptolemaic age. They soon discover that one of the fragments deals with the Chamber of Horus - a fabled crypt that could contain priceless treasures...
- Author BiographyBorn of Edgar Pierre Jacobs imagination during the post-WWII period, Professor Philip Mortimer, nuclear physicist, and Captain Francis Blake, dashing head of MI5, are legendary heroes of the 9th art. The author, a close relative of Herge, appreciated the excessive and the astonishing that could be found within the scope of scientific invention; his heroes, very much ahead of their time, discover extraordinary objects and phenomena through their uncommon adventures. Before devoting himself exclusively to them, Edgar Pierre Jacobs collaborated with Herge and took part in the realization of 'Tintin in the Congo', 'Tintin in America', 'The Blue Lotus', 'King Ottokar's Sceptre', 'The Seven Crystal Balls', and the 'Prisoners of the Sun'.
- Author(s)Edgar P. Jacobs
- PublisherCinebook Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2007
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Place of PublicationAshford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCinebook Ltd
- Content Note667 comic strips
- Weight191 g
- Width217 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Edgar P. Jacobs
- Reading AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.