All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.18
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.64
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
About this product
- DescriptionTwo young cousins, Ethan and Calum (Cal), spend their summer vacations and holidays at their grandparent's ranch in the Texas Hill Country. In this book, Ethan finds a Blue Heeler puppy with a gray, ghost-like face, and names him Gus the Ghost-Face Dog. Cal already has a huge yellow Labrador Retriever named Luke. The boys and their dogs go on many adventures together on the huge ranch, where they learn interesting facts about history and the natural environment of the area. They help capture cattle rustlers and have a close call with coyotes. Throughout the book the boys make many interesting discoveries and they help the town by solving crimes. Ethan and Gus travel back in time, to the days of the pioneers, where they avert an Indian uprising and help the early settlers. The boys learn about responsibility and bravery. They help their grandparents with the chores on the ranch and Gus rounds up the cows. There is never a dull moment with Gus, Luke, Ethan, and Cal, along with their younger siblings Logan, Cara, and Elyssa. They are all heroes. There will be more great adventures to come!
- Author BiographySusan Mitchell grew up in a small town in the Texas Hill Country with 3 brothers, and had many adventures while exploring on their grandparent's ranch. She knows a lot of the history and natural environment of the area in which she write. When Ethan, her oldest grandson, was 5 years old, Susan started writing the stories with him, Ethan had a wonderful imagination and started contributing ideas for the stories as he became older. Now their other 4 grandchildren are also characters in the stories. When Ethan was 6 years old, he was diagnosed with Leukemia, and died before he reached the age of 9. Plans are in the works to start a foundation in his memory with proceeds from book sales.
- Author(s)Susan Mitchell
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication08/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight68 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.