All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarperCollins is proud to present its incredible range of best-loved, essential classics. Written between 29 and 19 B.C., The Aeneid tells the legendary tale of Aeneas, a Trojan who travelled to Italy, where he became the heroic ancestor of the Romans. This epic poem tells the story of Aeneas' madic travels from Troy to Italy, followed by the Trojans' victorious war against the Latins. Following on from his appearance in The Iliad, Aeneas' disconnected wanderings and vague association with the founding of Rome were compiled by Virgil into a compelling, epic and fantastical national foundation myth.
- Author BiographyVirgil (70-19 BC) studied rhetoric and philosophy in Rome, where he became a court poet. As well as The Aeneid, his Eclogues earned him the reputation as the finest Latin poet.
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleCollins Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight260 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.