The Afghanistan-Pakistan Theater: Militant Islam, Security & Stability by Hassan Abbas, Clifford D May, Daveed Gartenstein-Ross (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the optimal strategy for the United States and its allies to pursue in Afghanistan? Observers across the political spectrum agree that military operations alone are t eugh to secure Afghanistan against a powerful insurgency linked to global jihadism. There is increasing consensus as well that Pakistan - a refuge for important al-Qaeda figures, and also under attack by insurgents who identify themselves as Taliban - is deeply involved in this conflict. The Afghanistan-Pakistan Theater: Militant Islam, Security and Stability explores vital aspects of the situation the U.S. confronts in both Afghanistan and Pakistan. This collection represents a diversity of political perspectives and policy prescriptions. Nobody believes that the way forward will be easy; there is a pressing need for clear thinking and informed decisions. Contributors include Hassan Abbas, C. Christine Fair, Vanda Felbab-Brown, Daveed Gartenstein-Ross, Vanessa Gezari, Sebastian Gorka, Shuja Nawaz, and Joshua T. White.
- Author BiographyDaveed Gartenstein-Ross is the director of the Center for the Study of Terrorist Radicalization at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies. He has published four monographs, co-edited the book From Energy Crisis to Energy Security (FDD Press 2008), and wrote a memoir entitled My Year Inside Radical Islam (Tarcher/Penguin 2007). In addition to his academic research on terrorism, Gartenstein-Ross seeks to craft practical solutions to some of the field's vexing problems. His consulting work has included live hostage negotiations, work on border security issues, and story development for major media companies. He frequently leads training for the U.S. military and federal, state, and local law enforcement; in 2009 he received a Leader Development and Education for Sustained Peace Support Excellence Award from U.S. Army Central Command for this work. Gartenstein-Ross earned a M.A. in world politics from the Catholic University of America, where he is currently a Ph.D. candidate. He also earned a J.D. from the New York University School of Law.
- Author(s)Clifford D May,Daveed Gartenstein-Ross,Hassan Abbas
- PublisherFoundation for Defense of Democracies
- Date of Publication20/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFoundation for Defense of Democracies
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.