All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe African Charter of Human and Peoples' Rights came into force in 1986, and is unique in that it lacks a precedent. However, little scholarship exists analysing it as an operational system in practice. The success of the first edition of this book led to this updated second edition. Contributors include experts who have been actively involved in the implementation of the Charter - commissioners, NGOs and academics. Offering a detailed evaluation of the Charter as a mechanism for the promotion and protection of human rights in Africa, the contributions cover the Charter's reporting system, the interpretation of different rights by the Commission, the prospects for the African Court on Human and Peoples' Rights and the role of NGOs. This authoritative and comprehensive volume will interest lawyers acting for government and n-governmental organisations, as well as academics and postgraduates.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Evans OBE is Professor of Public International Law at the University of Bristol and Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law. Rachel Murray is Professor of International Human Rights Law at the University of Bristol.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/05/2008
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight880 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMalcolm Evans,Rachel Murray
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.