The African Union: Addressing the Challenges of Peace, Security, and Governance by David Mickler, Samuel M. Makinda, F. Wafula Okumu (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.62+ AU $6.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated, the second edition of The African Union continues to offer the most comprehensive overview of the work of the African Union (AU), with special emphasis on its capacity to meet the challenges of building and sustaining governance institutions and security mechanisms. This new edition: * Re-examines the African Union at the historic moment of the golden jubilee of the OAU, its predecessor. It examines the AU's efforts in its first decade, points out some of the organization's weaknesses, and posits options for addressing more effectively the challenges of peace, security, and governance in coming years. * Critically reviews several arrangements and initiatives, including the African Peace and Security Architecture (APSA) and the African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM). * Analyses performance of key institutions and programs of the AU, including the Commission, the Executive Council, the Assembly, and the Pan-African Parliament (PAP) as well as the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD). * Discusses how far instability and insecurity on the continent are consequences of bad governance and the lack of strategic leadership. * Considers how the absence of a clearly articulated ideology may undermine the implementation of the AU Agenda. In addition to offering revised and updated chapters throughout, this edition includes one new chapter, which critically discusses the AU's new international partnerships. With an emphasis on the current work of the AU and a view to the future of the organization, this book is essential reading for students and scholars researching African Politics and international organizations.
- Author BiographySamuel M. Makinda is Professor of International Relations and Security Studies at Murdoch University, Australia. F. Wafula Okumu is the Executive Director of The Borders Institute in Nairobi, Kenya. David Mickler is Assistant Professor in Foreign Policy and International Relations at the University of Western Australia, Perth.
- Author(s)David Mickler,F. Wafula Okumu,Samuel M. Makinda
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/07/2015
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleGlobal Institutions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.05Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.