All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween the Age of Incence and the Age of Experience comes The Age of Huts. This book brings together for the first time all of the poems in Ron Silliman's Age of Huts cycle, including Ketjak, Sunset Debris, The Chinese Notebook, and 2197, as well as two key satellite texts, Sitting Up, Standing, Taking Steps, and BART. Each poem offers a radically different approach toward using language to explore the world. One of the founding works of Language Poetry, The Age of Huts is about everything, more or less literally, as each sentence, even each phrase, embarks on its own narrative, linking together to form a large polyphonic investigation of contemporary life. From Ketjak, one of the first poems to employ 'the new sentence,' to 2197, a serial work that scrambles the vocabulary and grammar of its sentences, The Age of Huts questions everything we have kwn about poetry in order to see the world anew.
- Author BiographyRon Silliman is the author of more than twenty volumes of poetry. His most recent books include Woundwood, Under Albany, MultiPlex, and N/O.and the weblog Silliman's Blog (ronsilliman.blogspot.com).
- Author(s)Ron Silliman
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication09/04/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleNew California Poetry
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight63 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.