Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.40Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by marlowes_books
- Est. delivery by 1 Feb
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorking behind the scenes for the eighteen months following Bill Clinton's election, conducting hundreds of interviews with administration insiders and other key officials, and gaining access to confidential internal memos, diaries, and meeting tes, Bob Woodward has discovered how the Clinton White House really works. Clinton's pledge for a new ecomic deal was the cornerstone of his 1992 campaign, and fulfilling it has been his central ambition and enterprise as president. By focusing on Clinton's efforts to pass a comprehensive ecomic recovery plan, Woodward takes us t only to the highest level meetings, the hard-fought debates, and the most difficult decisions but also to the very hear of this presidency -- and of this man. With its day-by-day, often minute-by-minute account, it is one of the most intimate portraits of a sitting president ever published. President Clinton is shown as he debates, scolds, pleads, celebrates, and rages in anger and frustration. What emerges also is a group portrait of Clinton's innermost circle of advisers in action -- including his wife, Hillary; Vice President Al Gore; Treasure Secretary Lloyd Bentsen and the ecomic team; George Stephapoulos and David Gergen and the White House staff; James Carville, Paul Begala, and the other outside political strategists; Congressional leaders; and Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan. Using his proven research method -- returning time and again to key sources and relying on the paper trail of internal documentation -- Woodward has assembled an extensive archive of the early Clinton presidency. This microscopic examination of the Clintons and this administration, working under pressure onthe nation's most important task, reveals the deep and still unsettled conflicts among President Clinton's advisers and within himself. The questions about the federal deficit, health care, welfare reform, taxes, jobs, government spending, interest rates, the roles and responsibilities of the middle class, the wealthy, and the poor are of lasting importance. How they are being answered affects each person in the country.
- Author(s)Bob Woodward
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/1994
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/02/1997
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight700 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.