All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the arrival of the first Tibetans in exile in 1959, a vast and continuous wave of international - especially Western - support has permitted these refugees to survive and even to flourish in their temporary places of residence. Today, these Tibetan refugees continue to attract assistance from Western governments, organizations and individuals, while other refugee populations are largely forgotten in the international agenda. This book shows and discusses how Tibetan refugees continue to attract resources, due, tably, to the dissemination of their political and religious agendas, as well as how a movement of Western supporters, born in very different conditions, guaranteed a unique relationship with these refugees.
- Author BiographyThomas Kauffmann is the Director of an International NGO.
- Author(s)Thomas Kauffmann
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleForced Migration
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note17 illustrations
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.