All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionOf your five senses, which one are you most afraid of losing? If you're like most people, the answer is your ability to see. Despite this, many people are t conscientious about caring for their eyes and often neglect to visit an ophthalmologist for routine eye exams as they get older. This report focuses on four disorders that pose the greatest threats to vision after age 40: cataract, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, and diabetic retipathy.
It will help you determine your risk of developing these disorders, describe their symptoms, and discuss diagsis and treatment. This report also describes other common eye disorders, including presbyopia, dry eye, floaters and flashes, retinal detachment, and eyelid problems such as drooping upper or lower lids. You'll also learn why you should have regular eye exams, especially if you have diabetes or a family history of glaucoma; how to recognize the risk factors and symptoms of specific eye diseases; and what steps you can take to prevent or treat them before your vision deteriorates further.
- Author BiographyLaura C. Fine, M.D., Clinical Instructor in Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School
- PublisherHarvard Health Publications
- Date of Publication30/05/2012
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleHarvard Medical School Special Health Reports
- Place of PublicationMA
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarvard Health Publications
- Out-of-print date08/02/2017
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byHarvard Health Publications,Jeffrey S. Heier,Laura C. Fine
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.