All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis publication provides insight into the agricultural sector. It illustrates new tendencies in agricultural ecomics and dynamics (interrelationship with other sectors in rural zones and multifunctionality) and the implications of the World Trade Organization negotiations in the international trade of agricultural products. Due to environmental problems, availability of budget, consumer preferences for food safety and pressure from the World Trade Organization, there are many changes in the agricultural sector. This book addresses those new developments and provides insights into possible future developments. The agricultural activity is an ecomic sector that is fundamental for a sustainable ecomic growth of every country. However, this sector has many particularities, namely those related with some structural problems (many farms with reduced dimension, sometimes lack of vocational training of the farmers, difficulties of put the farmers together in associations and cooperatives), variations of the productions and prices over the year and some environmental problems derived from the utilization of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Author BiographyVitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho is Coordinator Professor at the Polytechnic Institute of Viseu, Portugal, and holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Coimbra, Portugal. He was President of the Scientific Council, President of the Directive Council and President of the Agricultural Polytechnic School of Viseu, Portugal, from 2006 to 2012. Moreover, he had functions as Vice-President of the Scientific Council and the Assembly of Representatives in this school. He also had political functions at the local level and supra municipal level and is currently the President of the Direction of the Association of Forest Producers of Viseu, Portugal. He was an Erasmus student in the Faculty of Economics from the University of Verona, Italy, participated in various technical and scientific events nationally and internationally, has published several technical and scientific papers, is referee of some scientific and technical journals and participates in the evaluation of national and international projects.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication05/11/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 104 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight503 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byVitor Joao Pereira Domingues Martinho
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.