All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionShould Christians drink alcohol? Or should Christians abstain? This is an issue that has polarised Christians into two extreme viewpoints. And such a lot of unnecessary confusion! So where do we find the answers to these questions? In The Alcohol Question, Pastor Tony Llewellyn explores the Old and New Testaments in the belief that God's Word, t human opinion, is the ultimate source of truth and that there is higher authority than Scripture. This in-depth study on alcohol and the Christian will show you that, while the Bible clearly warns against drunkenness, there is where in Scripture that prohibits Christians from drinking alcohol in moderation. In fact, the use of alcohol is part of the blessing of God and the freedom we have in Christ! However, despite clear statements from the Bible, the debate rages. For instance, one argument put forward to prove that Christians should never drink alcohol is based on Proverbs 31:4: It is t for kings, O Lemuel, it is t for kings to drink wine, r for princes intoxicating drink. Since the Bible tells us that we are kings, doesn't this verse tell us to abstain from alcohol? The Alcohol Question explains how you could only come to this conclusion if you take the verse completely out of context and igre the rest of the passage. But what about arguments like: Alcohol is such a problem in the world that Christians should abstain for the sake of others. Or: Shouldn't Christian leaders set a higher standard in their conduct? These questions - and more - are dealt with in The Alcohol Question. But here's the flip side. With freedom comes responsibility and the principle of love. The Bible view is t legalism, r is it selfishness, but responsible Christian freedom. Don't be left in the dark on this important topic. Buy The Alcohol Question w to discover what the Bible says about Christians and alcohol.
- Author BiographyTony Llewellyn is an Australian pastor with the Churches of Christ. A Bible teacher, writer and songwriter, he has ministered internationally, lectured at Bible colleges, and written a number of books on popular theology and musical topics. Pastor Tony has a heart to see God's Word loved, understood, and lived out in the lives of Christians everywhere. He believes that when God's people live God's Word they become the fruitful people God intended them to be. Consequently, one of the issues he has studied is the issue of Christians and alcohol. The result of his studies in the Scriptures is the book The Alcohol Question. Searching both the Old and New Testaments, and avoiding common mistakes in interpretation of Scripture - such as taking verses out of context - he details numerous Biblical statements outlining what God says on whether or not Christians are permitted to drink alcohol. Tony Llewellyn's website HotSermons.Com provides resources for Christian pastors and leaders worldwide. Married to his amazing wife Alli since 1979, he has two adult children, Mandah and David.
- Author(s)Tony Llewellyn
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.