All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe author of Printz Hor bookGrasshopper Junglereturns with ather genre-bending literary exploration of the absurd.Once again blending multiple story strands that transcend time and place, Grasshopper Jungleauthor Andrew Smith tells the story of 15-year-old Ariel, arefugee from theMiddle East who is the sole survivor of an attack on his small village. Now living with an adoptive family in Sunday, West Virginia, Ariel's story of his summer at a boys' camp for tech detox is juxtaposed against those of a schizophrenic bomber and the diaries of a failed arctic expedition from the late nineteenth century. Oh, and there s also a depressed bionic reincarnated crow. Smith takes [readers] to a place where humanity is imbued with the potential to render people inhuman and reminding us that being human, all too human, is far better than any conceivable alternative. BCCB Reviews, starred review Magnificently bizarre, irreverent and bitingly witty Kirkus, starred review Smith is aspiritual heir to Kurt VonnegutBooklist, starred review Fans of Smith s raunchy, profane, and provocative work will find this funny but morally serious tale deeply appealing. Publishers Weekly, starred review
- Author BiographyAndrew Smith knew ever since his days as editor of his high school newspaper that he wanted to be a writer. His books include Grasshopper Jungle and Winger.Smith prefers the seclusion of his rural Southern California setting, where he lives with his family.
- Author(s)Reader in Nineteenth-Century Literature Andrew Smith
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.