Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $33.44
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.85
- AU $13.62Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $37.24Trending at AU $44.14
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe adventures begin when Alfie locks his mum out of the house, racing to get home first! Then explore the world of new welly boots, perfect for splashing in puddles and learning about left and right. There are birthday parties and birthday surprises to be found in these pages, as well as babysitters and big boys, burst pipes, beloved pets and brilliant prizes. Alfie solves the important mysteries of pre-schoolers' lives as he takes on shyness, sisters and the brave new world of Big School. Every child should kw Alfie, and this book makes the perfect gift for an Alfie fan or newcomer. Includes: Alfie Gets in First , Alfie's Feet , Alfie Gives a Hand , An Evening at Alfie's , Alfie and the Birthday Surprise , Alfie Wins a Prize , and Alfie and the Big Boys .
- Author BiographyShirley was born in West Kirby, near Liverpool, and studied fashion and dress design at Liverpool Art School, before continuing her studies at the Ruskin School of Drawing and Fine Art in Oxford. She then embarked on a career as a freelance illustrator in London, where she still lives today. She illustrated other writers' work, including Noel Streatfeild, Alison Uttley, Ian Seraillier, Margaret Mahy and notably Dorothy Edwards's My Naughty Little Sister series. Shirley began to write and draw her own picture books when her children were young. Her first book - Lucy and Tom's Day - was published in 1960, and she followed it with, among others, Dogger and the Alfie series. Shirley Hughes has won the Other Award, the Eleanor Farjeon Award, and the Kate Greenaway Medal for Illustration twice, for Dogger in 1977 and for Ella's Big Chance in 2003. In 2007 Dogger was voted the public's favourite Greenaway winner of all time. Shirley received an OBE in 1999 for services to Children's Literature, and is the first recipient of Booktrust's Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Author(s)Shirley Hughes
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodley Head Ltd
- Out-of-print date20/10/2016
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight1166 g
- Width260 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementCombined volume
- Interest AgeFrom 3
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.