The Alliance: Managing Talent in the Networked Age by Reid Hoffman, Chris Yeh, Ben Casnocha (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA New York Times Bestseller Introducing the new, realistic loyalty pact between employer and employee. The employer-employee relationship is broken, and managers face a seemingly impossible dilemma: the old model of guaranteed long-term employment longer works in a business environment defined by continuous change, but neither does a system in which every employee acts like a free agent. The solution? Stop thinking of employees as either family or as free agents. Think of them instead as allies. As a manager you want your employees to help transform the company for the future. And your employees want the company to help transform their careers for the long term. But this win-win scenario will happen only if both sides trust each other eugh to commit to mutual investment and mutual benefit. Sadly, trust in the business world is hovering at an all-time low. We can rebuild that lost trust with straight talk that recognizes the realities of the modern ecomy. So, paradoxically, the alliance begins with managers ackwledging that great employees might leave the company, and with employees being honest about their own career aspirations. By putting this new alliance at the heart of your talent management strategy, you'll t only bring back trust, you'll be able to recruit and retain the entrepreneurial individuals you need to adapt to a fast-changing world. These individuals, flexible, creative, and with a bias toward action, thrive when they're on a specific tour of duty --when they have a mission that's mutually beneficial to employee and company that can be completed in a realistic period of time. Coauthored by the founder of LinkedIn, this bold but practical guide for managers and executives will give you the tools you need to recruit, manage, and retain the kind of employees who will make your company thrive in today's world of constant invation and fast-paced change.
- Author BiographyReid Hoffman is cofounder and Executive Chairman of LinkedIn, the world's largest professional network, and partner at the Silicon Valley venture capital firm Greylock. Ben Casnocha is an award-winning entrepreneur and bestselling coauthor, with Reid, of The Start-up of You. He is a frequent speaker on talent management. Chris Yeh is an entrepreneur, writer, and mentor. He helps interesting people do interesting things as VP of Marketing at PBworks and general partner at Wasabi Ventures.
- Author(s)Ben Casnocha,Chris Yeh,Reid Hoffman
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication08/07/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.