All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the twenty-first century, women are outpacing men in education and career advancement. Yet successful women are constantly being told that their professional achievements might doom their chances of marriage and family. Data show that today's Alpha women-ambitious, self-assured, and hardworking-are hardly fated to be spinsters. By rethinking outmoded gender roles, women can have better relationships than ever before. A clinical psychologist with more than thirty years' experience, Dr. Rhodes shares her secrets to helping women triumph in love by finding men who will appreciate and complement their strengths. Challenging gender stereotypes associated with the terms Alpha and Beta, she advises the Alpha woman to look past the overly competitive, domineering Alpha male for a man who is t threatened by her strengths. Just as Alpha women aren't demanding bitches, Beta men aren't passive wimps. Demonstrating that nearly everyone is a combination of both qualities, Dr. Rhodes includes a comprehensive test to help readers define where they (and their partners) are on the Alpha-Beta spectrum, giving women more options and helping them make better choices. The Alpha Woman Meets Her Match can bring women greater empowerment in both their love lives and their careers.
- Author BiographySonya Rhodes, PhD, has been a practicing psychotherapist in New York City for more than thirty years. She has served on the faculty of New York Medical College, Columbia University, and the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services and is the coauthor of three previous books, including Second Honeymoon: A Pioneering Guide for Reviving the Mid-Life Marriage (with Susan Schneider). She lives in New York City with her husband. Susan Schneider is an award-winning former editor, columnist, and writer for numerous women's magazines, including Mademoiselle, Modern Bride, and Sesame Street Parents. She is the author of the novel The Wedding Writer and the coauthor of the nonfiction book Second Honeymoon (with Sonya Rhodes). She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Sonya Rhodes,Susan Schneider
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Weight153 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.