All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe original intermittent fasting diet w up-dated and expanded An easy-to-follow, safe, and science-based alternate-day calorie-restriction program that promotes weight loss and longevity, The Alternate-Day Diet includes the most up-to-date research on calorie restriction and intermittent fasting as well as additional techniques (including supplementation and eating according to the body s natural circadian rhythms) to enhance the diet s effectiveness. The Alternate-Day Diet describes how limiting caloric intake every other day can activate a gene called SIRT1 which reduces inflammation, lowers free radical stress, improves insulin resistance, and most important, causes fat loss by releasing fat cells from around the organs. In short, activating SIRT1 promotes weight loss and longevity. The simple two-step program calls for you to limit calories one day and eat rmally the next and the book outlines lifestyle suggestions to support the diet s effectiveness including proper hydration and exercise, which are also key components to maximizing weight-loss. Throughout, you will be inspired by the anecdotes and testimonials from real people who have used the diet successfully to lose weight, and to find relief from a range of health issues including heart disease, Type II diabetes, autoimmune diseases, and even mepause-related hot flashes.
- Author BiographyAfter more than twenty years in private practice, Dr. James Johnson, a former assistant professor of otolaryngology and instructor in plastic surgery at Louisiana State University School of Medicine, retired to pursue his long-time interest and do further research in calorie restriction in collaboration with scientists at the Gerontology Research Center of the National Institute on Aging. He has conducted studies on the effect of alternate-day calorie restriction on weight loss and general wellness. He has published articles in peer reviewed journals, including Medical Hypotheses and Free Radical Biology and Medicine. He has been interviewed and/or quoted in the popular press, including the Independent (London) and Woman s World. Dr. Donald Laub is the former chief of plastic surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Author(s)Donald R Laub,James B Johnson
- PublisherPerigee Books
- Date of Publication31/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerigee Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width148 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.