All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA front-line researcher offers cutting-edge advice on preventing and slowing the progress of Alzheimer's Drawing on the most up-to-date information available on the disease as well as experiences from his clinical practice, Dr. Marwan Sabbagh, a leading expert in Alzheimer's research, translates the current ideas driving Alzheimer's treatment into practical information you can use to determine your risk and develop a prevention strategy. You'll find tools for assessing your personal Alzheimer's risk and What You Can Do sections to help you keep your brain and body healthy, plus information on the treatment of Alzheimer's and its complications. Gives you the most up-to-date information on Alzheimer's and Alzheimer's prevention Written by a neurologist specializing in geriatric neurology and dementia who is one of the country's leading experts in Alzheimer's research Includes exciting revelations, such as finding that early onset Alzheimer's can be significantly slowed in its progress, giving the patient as many as ten to fifteen added years of quality life There are an estimated 5.2 million people living with Alzheimer's in America today. If you or someone you love is at risk of developing the disease or wishes to slow its advancement, this book will give you vital information to help you reduce risk and safeguard health and quality of life.
- Author BiographyMarwan Sabbagh, M.D., a geriatric neurologist and leading expert in Alzheimer's research, founded the Sun Health Research Institute's Cleo Roberts Center for Clinical Research. He is a leading investigator for several prominent national Alzheimer's prevention and treatment trials, including the Alzheimer vaccine studies. He has authored or coauthored more than seventy medical and scientific articles on Alzheimer's research. Dr. Sabbagh is also a staff physician at Boswell Memorial Hospital, where he specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's. He is an adjunct professor at Midwestern University and Arizona State University.
- Author(s)Marwan Sabbagh
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/02/2008
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.