All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the continuous British fascination with the American Civil War from the 1870s to the present. Analysing the War's place in British political discourse, military writing, intellectual life and popular culture, it traces the sources of Britons' appeal to the American conflict and their use of its representations at home and abroad.
- Author BiographyNimrod Tal is Lecturer in American History at Kibbutzim College of Education, Technology and Arts, Israel and has a PhD in American and British History from the University of Oxford, UK. His interest lies in the role of war and historical consciousness in constituting and shaping the modern Anglo-American world. He has previously published an article about the American Civil War in British military thought in Civil War History.
- Author(s)Nimrod Tal
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/07/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight420 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.