All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely up-to-date and with new learning features, the 8th edition of this respected textbook provides a fresh perspective and a crisp introduction to congressional politics. Informed by the authors' Capitol Hill experience and scholarship it features insights from the two Congresses of Obama's presidency, the 2012 elections, health care reform, and an early take on the 113th Congress. The text engages students by emphasizing the importance of a strong legislature in American democracy and has new end-of-chapter discussion questions and further reading. Alongside clear explanations of congressional rules and the law-making process there is a greater wealth of examples from contemporary events and debates, to highlight Congress as a group of politicians as well as a law-making body. These recent developments are presented within the context of congressional political history. This edition is also more visual - timelines and flow-charts have been added and the number of photos has doubled.
- Author BiographySteven S. Smith is a Professor of Political Science, Kate M. Gregg Distinguished Professor of Social Science, and Director of the Murray Weidenbaum Center on the Economy, Government, and Public Policy at Washington University, St Louis. He has chaired the Legislative Studies Section of the American Political Science Association and has served on the editorial boards of the American Journal of Political Science, The Journal of Politics and Legislative Studies Quarterly. Jason M. Roberts is an Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of North Carolina. He co-edited the book Why Not Parties? Party Effects in the US Senate (2009). His articles have been published in the American Political Science Review, the American Journal of Political Science and Legislative Studies Quarterly. Ryan J. Vander Wielen is an Assistant Professor of Political Science at Temple University. His articles have appeared in Political Analysis, Legislative Studies Quarterly and Public Choice.
- Author(s)Jason Matthew Roberts,Ryan J. Vander Wielen,Steven S. Smith
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note97 b/w illus. 15 tables
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.