The American Corrections: A Comprehensive Approach by George F. Cole, Michael D. Reisig, Todd R. Clear (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $211.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $300.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the American corrections system from the perspective of both the corrections worker and the offender in AMERICAN CORRECTIONS, Eleventh Edition. Comprehensive yet t overwhelming, the book covers both institutional and community sanctions, incorporating high-profile corrections cases taken from recent headlines to reinforce important theories. The authors tell it like it is, offering you thought-provoking, unbiased examinations of such topics as assisting felons during the re-entry process, reducing recidivism, the death penalty, and surveillance. You'll also get a frontline view of careers in the corrections field.
- Author BiographyTodd R. Clear is the Provost at Rutgers University in Newark, New Jersey. He is currently involved in studies of religion and crime, the criminological implications of place, and the concept of community justice. He serves as founding editor of the journal Criminology and Public Policy. Previous writing covers the topics of correctional classification, prediction methods in correctional programming, community-based correctional methods, intermediate sanctions, and sentencing policy. Clear has been elected to national office in the American Society of Criminology and the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. He has served as a programming and policy consultant to public agencies in over 40 states and five nations, and his work has been recognized through several awards, including those of the American Society of Criminology, the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences, The Rockefeller School of Public Policy, the American Probation and Parole Association, and the International Community Corrections Association. Clear is the author of three books on community justice: COMMUNITY JUSTICE (Cengage Learning), WHAT IS COMMUNITY JUSTICE? (Sage), and THE COMMUNITY JUSTICE IDEAL (Westview). He is also author of IMPRISONING COMMUNITIES: HOW MASS INCARCERATION MAKES DISADVANTAGED PLACES WORSE (Oxford University Press). Michael Reisig is Professor of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Arizona State University. He received his Ph.D. from Washington State University in 1996. Previously he was faculty member at Michigan State University and Florida State University. His corrections research has appeared in several leading criminology journals, including Criminology, Crime and Delinquency, Justice Quarterly, and Punishment and Society. The late George F. Cole was Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Connecticut. He was recognized for outstanding teaching and research and in 1995 was named a Fellow of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. A specialist in the administration of criminal justice, he published extensively on such topics as prosecution, courts, and corrections. He developed and directed the graduate corrections program at the University of Connecticut and was a Fellow at the National Institute of Justice (1988). Among his other accomplishments, he was granted two awards under the Fulbright-Hays Program to conduct criminal justice research in England and the former Yugoslavia. He was co-author of several other Cengage Learning/Wadsworth criminal justice titles, including THE AMERICAN SYSTEM OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE, 15th Edition (with Christopher E. Smith and Christina DeJong); AMERICAN CORRECTIONS, 11th Edition (with Todd Clear and Michael Reisig); AMERICAN CORRECTIONS IN BRIEF, 3rd Edition (with Todd Clear, Michael Reisig, and Carolyn Petrosino); and THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM: POLITICS AND POLICIES, 10th Edition (with Marc Gertz).
- Author(s)George F. Cole,Michael D. Reisig,Todd R. Clear
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2015
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1451 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.87New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $31.93New
- AU $20.05New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.