Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe American Drive-in Movie Theatre relives the magic and excitement of the drive-in experience through rare photographs, lively text, and entertaining personal stories. From the first theaters of the early 1930s to the successful ozoners of today, the glorious history of the drive-in is told. For those who fondly recall watching movies under the stars, this book of stalgia is sure to take you back to the days when life was good, cars had style, and the drive-in theatre was the epitome of American entertainment. The drive-in's appeal was universal and attracted everyone in nearly every town across the country. Even celebrities--like Elvis Presley, John Wayne, Frankie Avalon, Annette Funicello, and The Beatles--enjoyed the pleasures of the drive-in experience. With great films, wonderful food, kiddie amusement parks, and opulaent architecture, the ozoner was the place to be!
- Author BiographyDon and Susan Sanders of Dallas are ardent enthusiasts of the American Road. With an intense interest in roadside Americana, they travel the nation's forgotten highways searching for historic icons of American's past.Don and Susan Sanders of Dallas are ardent enthusiasts of the American Road. With an intense interest in roadside Americana, they travel the nation's forgotten highways searching for historic icons of American's past.
- Author(s)Don Sanders,Dr Susan Sanders
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width259 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.