All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The American Father, Wade C. Mackey documents a wealth of infor- mation demonstrating the vast benefits to society when its children are raised in families with fathers. The biopsychosocial approach Mackey in human employs is consistent with the current treatment of topics development. This approach-which is grounded in a variety of diverse sources-assumes that we understand little about people when we study them a bit at a time; rather, the fullness of the individual requires a fullness of examination. For example, in the cases of fathers, we te that humans do t reproduce alone; after all, we are t an asexual species. No, human reproduction and its sequelae are social, just as clearly as they are biological, and involve the whole paply of psychic function (mo- tivation, sociability, intelligence, and the like). The evidence marshaled by Mackey indicates strongly that indi- viduals and societies have an essential requirement for something more than mothering; they also need fathering. Much of the discourse and publication on fathers during the past several decades has been posited on a more is better model of male parenting in which it is seldom stated who it is better for-the father, the child, the mother, the couple, or the family. Further, much of this discussion infers that fathers are merely Mr. Moms ; yet this is t so.
- Author(s)Wade C. Mackey
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/06/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Springer Series in Adult Development and Aging
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.