Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionPublished to commemorate the Bicentennial of the U.S. Constitution, this volume represents a unique combination of scholarship in the areas of political thought and political history. The papers collected herein examine the founding of the Republic from both perspectives, analyzing its intellectual sources within Western thought, its political context, and the complex relationships between the two. Written by a distinguished group of political scientists and historians that includes two Pulitzer Prize winners, the essays vividly portray the statesmanship of the Founding Fathers and the continuing impact of their legacy, the Constitution.
- Author BiographyJ. JACKSON BARLOW is Director of Higher Education Programs, Commission on the Bicentennial of the U.S. Constitution. LEONARD W. LEVY is Andrew W. Mellon Professor of Humanities and Chairman of the History Department, Claremont Graduate School. KEN MASUGI is Special Assistant to the Chairman of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Date of Publication22/06/1988
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleContributions in Political Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 205
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight570 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJ. Jackson Barlow,Ken Masugi,Leonard W. Levy
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.