All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresidential scholars increasingly turn to science to address the fundamental issues in the field, but undergraduates are rarely taught the skills to do the same. The American Presidency introduces students to new insights produced by the scientific study of the presidency and the scientific endeavor itself. After chapters on the scientific study of the presidency and background information on the presidency, the text discusses prominent theories of presidential power. Chapters on presidential elections, the president's relationship with other political actors (such as Congress and the Supreme Court), the president's role in foreign and ecomic policy, and presidential greatness include guided research exercises that provide students with the opportunity to apply the scientific method to empirical questions with significant theoretical content. The American Presidency provides students with the opportunity to learn about the presidency and enables them to draw their own reasoned conclusions about the nature of presidential power.
- Author BiographyIrwin L. Morris is Professor and Director of Graduate Studies at the University of Maryland, College Park. His research has appeared in a number of journals, including the American Journal of Political Science, American Politics Research, Political Research Quarterly, Social Science Quarterly, Legislative Studies Quarterly, Public Choice, and the Journal of Macroeconomics. Professor Morris's research spans the fields of American politics (from the presidency to public opinion to Southern politics), public policy (from monetary policy to immigration policy), and political economy.
- Author(s)Irwin L. Morris
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note15 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight600 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.