All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith its sixth edition, The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry, the definitive reference for students, residents, and clinicians, introduces a new generation of textbooks for the field. The only comprehensive psychiatry textbook to integrate all the new DSM-5 criteria, this acclaimed gold standard has been revised, updated, and restructured to serve as a practical, authoritative guide for a new era in psychiatric education and practice. Key features include the following: The only comprehensive psychiatry textbook to be based on all the new DSM-5 criteria; Serves as a companion book to DSM-5: DSM-5 readers seeking to learn more about treatment can turn to the Textbook; Part II, which discusses psychiatric disorders, parallels exactly the organizational format of DSM-5; 17 DSM-5 Task Force and Work Group members are chapter authors; More than 70 new authors, including the leading authorities in their specialties with outstanding expertise in research, education, and treatment; Concise yet comprehensive coverage of the topics most relevant to clinical practice; Six new chapters, including DSM-5 as a Framework for Psychiatric Diagsis, Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders, Neurodevelopmental Disorders, and Mentalization Therapy ; The latest evidence-based findings and standards of care for assessment and development, psychiatric disorders, treatments, and special populations; Key Clinical Points at the end of each chapter; Designed so readers can easily find and acquire information; Streamlined, user-friendly format rich in easy-to-view features; Recommended Web sites and readings for clinicians and patients in every chapter; Ideal for psychiatry board preparation The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Psychiatry, Sixth Edition, continues the tradition of leading the field as the most authoritative, inclusive, relevant, and practical reference available.
- Author BiographyRobert E. Hales, M.D., M.B.A., is Joe P. Tupin Chair and Distinguished Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of California - Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California; Medical Director for Sacramento County Mental Health; and Editor-in-Chief of books for American Psychiatric Publishing. Stuart C. Yudofsky, M.D., is D.C. and Irene Ellwood Professor and Chairman, and the Drs. Beth K. and Stuart C. Yudofsky Presidential Chair of Neuropsychiatry, of the Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Baylor College of Medicine; Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at The Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas; and Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences. Laura Weiss Roberts, M.D., M.A., is Chairman and Katharine Dexter McCormick and Stanley McCormick Memorial Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine in Stanford, California; Chief, Psychiatry Service, Stanford Hospital and Clinics; and Editor-in-Chief of Academic Psychiatry.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine61 mm
- Edited byLaura Weiss Roberts,Robert E. Hales,Stuart C. Yudofsky
- Foreword byDavid J. Kupfer
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.