Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionC. Michael Barry is a highly interested retiree of middle class heritage who possesses college degrees that provide him with a solid foundation to analyze the workings of government. In a quest to understand the true nature of government in the United States, he examines original sources in order to analyze letters of conversations with Thomas Je erson and other Founding Fathers and scholars. Join Michael as he explores why the world wants to consider the United States of America a democracy when the Framers of the Constitution worked to ensure a mixture of three forms of government. He examines the details behind the national and federal system that seek to ensure the United States maintains a republican form of government, as well as how the Framers sought to keep out de ciencies in government by applying the most useful principles from monarchies, aristocracies and democracies while leaving out their most serious pitfalls. Break free from dangerous assumptions and develop a rm understanding of what the Founders intended for the United States and how to stay true to their principles with The American Republic.
- Author(s)C Michael Barry
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.