All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The American Revelation, Neil Baldwin, one of our most exciting and provocative intellectual historians, applies his formidable energies to the story of how the American Spirit developed over four centuries, through an inspiring--and unsparing--examination of selected ideals that have helped inform our culture through the vivid personalities who set the course. Figures both familiar and forgotten illuminate this timely narrative of popular history that enlivens the current debate about America's proper role in a turbulent post-9/11 world. Though an ideal may have been forgotten, that does t mean it longer has the power to move us and shape our future.Exuberant and lively, The American Revelation will inspire all readers, regardless of their politics, to revisit and revalue our country's high-minded heritage.
- Author BiographyNeil Baldwin is the author of many works of biography and nonfiction, including most recently Henry Ford and the Jews: The Mass-Production of Hate and Edison: Inventing the Century. He is co-Chair of the NYU Biography Seminar and (as of September 2006) Distinguished Visiting Professor of History at Montclair State University. He lives in Glen Ridge, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Neil Baldwin
- Date of Publication11/07/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.