All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Lexingtons famous shot heard around the world to the bravery of Lydia Darragh, who spied on British soldiers in her home, The American Revolution from A to Z brings the six-year struggle for independence to life with beautiful illustrations on every page. Vs Valley Forge is about the cold winter that Washingtons hungry soldiers spent there without shoes. Es England relates the legendary Stamp Act that forced colonists to pay taxes on paper products, including newspapers and playing cards. Readers are told about Deborah Samson, who disguised herself as a man and joined the army to fight for a new country. Old Glory stands for the American flag, which had thirteen red and white stripes to represent each of the original colonies. Each letter of the alphabet is accompanied by a paragraph about the revolution and contains interesting facts that will educate readers of all ages.
- Author BiographyLaura Crawford, an elementary school teacher since 1992, earned her bachelors degree in elementary education and masters degree in reading at Northern Illinois University. Inspired by her students fascination with United States history, Crawford is also the author of Pelicans The American Revolution from A to Z and The Pilgrims Thanksgiving from A to Z. She resides in Geneva, Illinois, where she is a network representative for the Society of Childrens Book Writers and Illustrators and a member of the Illinois Reading Council. Judith Hierstein earned a bachelor of art degree in art education from the University of Iowa. A former elementary-school teacher, she is the illustrator of Jim Limber Davis: A Black Orphan in the Confederate White House, The Pilgrims Thanksgiving from A to Z, and the Toby Belfer Series, all published by Pelican. She lives in Tucson, Arizona.
- Author(s)Laura Crawford
- PublisherPelican Publishing Co
- Date of Publication08/09/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationGretna, LA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPelican Publishing Co
- Content Note31 colour illus.
- Weight417 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Judith Hierstein
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.