All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a succinct survey of the numerous contributions to the history of the American west. In the past twenty-five years historians have created a 'New Western History', which has aimed to rewrite the 'Old Western History' created around the famous Turner thesis on the significance of the American Frontier. Focusing on five main themes, this study examines and discusses the dynamics and progress of recent scholarship. Consideration is given to issues of land use, the environment, race, ethnicity, gender, business and the development of communities. Synthesising prolific research, the book offers a clear and up-to-date review for all students of American history. A full bibliography is provided for more extended study.
- Author BiographyMargaret Walsh is a Professor of American Economic and Social History in the School of American and Canadian Studies of the University of Nottingham.
- Author(s)Margaret Walsh
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleNew Studies in Economic and Social History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 50
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 maps 4 tables
- Weight380 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.