All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents advances that have been made over recent decades in areas of research featuring Hardy's inequality and related topics. The inequality and its extensions and refinements are t only of intrinsic interest but are indispensable tools in many areas of mathematics and mathematical physics. Hardy inequalities on domains have a substantial role and this necessitates a detailed investigation of significant geometric properties of a domain and its boundary. Other topics covered in this volume are Hardy- Sobolev-Maz'ya inequalities; inequalities of Hardy-type involving magnetic fields; Hardy, Sobolev and Cwikel-Lieb-Rosenbljum inequalities for Pauli operators; the Rellich inequality. The Analysis and Geometry of Hardy's Inequality provides an up-to-date account of research in areas of contemporary interest and would be suitable for a graduate course in mathematics or physics. A good basic kwledge of real and complex analysis is a prerequisite.
- Author BiographyAlexander Balinsky is Professor of Mathematical Physics in the School of Mathematics at Cardiff University. His wide interests include spectral problems for the differential operators of mathematical physics, and currently, the mathematics of image processing, machine learning and data mining. W. Desmond Evans is now Emeritus Professor in the School of Mathematics at Cardiff University, after spending his working life in Cardiff. He has made contributions to a number of areas of mathematical analysis and mathematical physics, in particular, the spectral analysis of Schrodinger and Dirac operators, non-linear differential operators, functional analysis and operator theory. Roger T. Lewis is Emeritus Professor in the Department of Mathematics at The University of Alabama at Birmingham, where he has been a faculty member since 1975. His research interest has been mainly in the spectral analysis of the differential operators of mathematical physics, with special attention given to eigenvalue problems of Schrodinger operators and N-body problems of quantum mechanics.
- Author(s)Alexander Balinsky,Roger T. Lewis,W. Desmond Evans
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- Series TitleUniversitext
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight433 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.