All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionTHE ANARCHIST's ARMS A Political Comedy for the Stage in Three Acts THE YEAR IS 2020, and London - the capital of Europe - teeters on the edge of a general conflagration, while a million demonstrators take to the streets in a kaleidoscope of focus groups Errol Flynt, the newly re-elected Mayor, looks on in quiet despair, and delegates ambitious Robert Greene, ace-pampleteer and Deputy-Deputy Mayor - on his afteron off - to enter the fray as observer. On Fleet Street, hydrogen-powered vehicles form the greatest traffic jam in history. At The Arms, Robert Greene takes up - or avoids - the issues with the tavern's guests ...Among a cast of thousands, enter ...Horace Baker, long-serving retainer, amateur rebel and suspected arsonist ...George Foxxe, last proprietor of The Arms, who has been drugged up to his eyeballs by his new wife on behalf of the greedy Conglomerate ...Mr Shine, the ghostly tour guide whose circular tour never ends ...and Elaine Wichell, student of the pararmal, who sees layers , and acts as companion to Margaret Foxxe, George's powerful sister over from Manhattan to sniff out assets...Enter Stage Extreme Right: the Ancient Order of Frothblowers, a group of businessmen on the town, who are worse, Margaret Foxxe says, than the thugs . Socialist or socialite, anarchist or arsonist, merchant banker or beggar, lawyer or ghost, all are welcome - or t - at THE ANARCHIST'S ARMS...- A political comedy to agitate every part of the spectrum - and beyond.
- Author BiographyJames A. Oliver is an international writer, editor, and journalist. The The Anarchist's Arms (a play) is a political comedy set in near-future London. He is also the author of A Footprint in the Sand , a novel inspired by a special assignment at the end of the Cold War...James Oliver is currently working on a non-fiction title The Bering Strait Crossing: A 21st Century Frontier ,which is being translated into several languages for release during 2005-2006.
- Author(s)James A. Oliver
- PublisherInformation Architects
- Date of Publication14/07/2004
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationExmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe COMPANY of WRITERS
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.