Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
Why use this coloring book?
For more than 35 years, The Anatomy Coloring Book has been the #1 best-selling human anatomy coloring book! A useful tool for anyone with an interest in learning anatomical structures, this concisely written text features precise, extraordinary hand-drawn figures that were crafted especially for easy coloring and interactive study. Organized according to body systems, each of the 162 two-page spreads featured in this book includes an ingenious color-key system where anatomical termilogy is linked to detailed illustrations of the structures of the body. When you color to learn with The Anatomy Coloring Book, you make visual associations with key termilogy, and assimilate information while engaging in kinesthetic learning. Studying anatomy is made easy and fun!
The Fourth Edition features user-friendly two-page spreads with enlarged art, clearer, more concise text descriptions, and new boldface headings that make this classic coloring book accessible to a wider range of learners.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
INTRODUCTION TO COLORING
ORIENTATION TO THE BODY
1. Anatomic Planes & Sections
2. Terms of Position & Direction
3. Systems of the Body (1)
4. Systems of the Body (2)
5. Cavities & Linings
CELLS & TISSUES
6. The Generalized Cell
7. Cell Division / Mitosis
8. Tissues: Epithelial
9. Tissues: Fibrous Connective Tissues
10. Tissues: Supporting Connective Tissues
11. Tissues: Muscle
12. Tissues: Skeletal Muscle Microstructure
13. Tissues: Nervous
14. Integration of Tissues
15. The Integument: Epidermis
16. The Integument: Dermis
SKELETAL & ARTICULAR SYSTEMS
17. Long Bone Structure
18. Endochondral Ossification
19. Axial / Appendicular Skeleton
20. Classification of Joints
21. Terms of Movements
22. Bones of the Skull (1)
23. Bones of the Skull (2)
24. Temporomandibular Joint
25. Vertebral Column
26. Cervical & Thoracic Vertebrae
27. Lumbar, Sacral, & Coccygeal Vertebrae
28. Bony Thorax
29. Upper Limb: Pectoral Girdle & Humerus
30. Upper Limb: Glehumeral (Shoulder) Joint
31. Upper Limb: Bones of the Forearm
32. Upper Limb: Elbow & Related Joints
33. Upper Limb: Bones / Joints of the Wrist & Hand
34. Upper Limb: Bones / Joints in Review
35. Lower Limb: Hip Bone, Pelvic Girdle, & Pelvis
36. Lower Limb: Male & Female Pelves
37. Lower Limb: Sacroiliac & Hip Joints
38. Lower Limb: Bones of the Thigh & Leg
39. Lower Limb: Knee Joint
40. Lower Limb: Ankle Joint & Bones of the Foot
41. Lower Limb: Bones & Joints in Review
42. Introduction to Skeletal Muscle
43. Integration of Muscle Action
44. Head: Muscles of Facial Expression
45. Head: Muscles of Mastication
46. Neck: Anterior & Lateral Muscles
47. Torso: Deep Muscles of the Back & PosteriorAuthor Biography
WYNN KAPITWynn Kapit, the designer and illustrator of this book, has had careers in law, graphic and advertising design, painting, and teaching.
In 1955, he graduated from law school, with honors, from the University of Miami and was admitted to the Florida Bar. He practiced law both before and after military service. Four years later, he decided to pursue a childhood ambition and enrolled at what is now the Art Center College in Los Angeles, where he studied graphic design. Afterwards, he worked in the New York advertising world for six years as a designer and art director. He “dropped out” in the late 1960s, returned to California, and began painting. His numerous exhibitions included a one-man show at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor in 1968. He returned to school and received a master’s degree in painting from the University of California at Berkeley in 1972.
Kapit was teaching figure drawing in Adult Ed in San Francisco in 1975 when he decided he needed to learn more about bones and muscles. He enrolled in Dr. Elson’s anatomy class at San Francisco City College. While he was a student, he created the word-and-illustration coloring format that seemed to be a remarkably effective way of learning the subject. He showed some layouts to Dr. Elson and indicated his intention to do a coloring book on bones and muscles for artists. Immediately recognizing the potential of this method, Dr. Elson encouraged Kapit to do a “complete” coloring book on anatomy and offered to collaborate on the project. The first edition of The Anatomy Coloring Book was published in 1977, and its immediate success inspired the development of a completely new field of publishing: educational coloring books.
Kapit went on to create The Physiology Coloring Book with the assistance of two professors who were teaching at Berkeley: Dr. Robert I. Macey and Dr. Esmail Meisami. That book was published in 1987 and has gone through two editions. In the early 1990s, Kapit wrote and designed The Geography Coloring Book, now in its second edition.
LAWRENCE M. ELSONLawrence M. Elson, PhD, planned the content and organization, provided sketches, and wrote the text for the book. This is his seventh text, having authored It’s Your Body and The Zoology Coloring Book and co-authored The Human Brain Coloring Book and The Microbiology Coloring Book. He received his BA in zoology and pre-med at the University of California at Berkeley and continued there to receive his PhD in human anatomy. Dr. Elson was assistant professor of anatomy at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, participated in the development of the Physician’s Assistant Program, lectured and taught dissection anatomy at the University of California School of Medicine in San Francisco, and taught general anatomy, from protozoons to humans, at City College of San Francisco.
In his younger days, Dr. Elson trained to become a naval aviator and went on to fly dive-bombers off aircraft carriers in the Western Pacific. While attending college and graduate school, he remained in the Naval Air Reserve and flew antisubmarine patrol planes and helicopters. His last position in his 20-year Navy career was as commanding officer of a reserve antisubmarine helicopter squadron.
Dr. Elson is a consultant to insurance companies and personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys on causation-of-injury/death issues, a practice that has taken him throughout the United States and Canada. He has testified in hundreds of personal injury trials and arbitrations. His research interests are focused on the anatomic bases of myofascial pain arising from low velocity accidents.
- Author(s)Lawrence M. Elson,Wynn Kapit
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/03/2013
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight852 g
- Width216 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- aashdown8206 Sep, 2014by
A must for any studying therapist
I purchased this as I am studying Remedial Therapies. I also used this when I was studying my diploma of classical ballet. A must for any studying therapist or physician.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44