All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe Anatomy of Denmark is a concise, well illustrated history of the accomplishments and cultural heritage of the people living on what is w Danish territory since the Ice Age. The archeology and history of the earlier period (before AD 1200) is given as much weight as is the more recent past, unlike standard history books which emphasize written texts and more modern times. The book demonstrates the deep roots of a successful, well protected region through the ages. Strategically situated between two seas, as well as between larger Scandinavia and Central Europe, this populous beautiful country has always been both close to the centers of development and somewhat protected from foreign excesses. A particular talent for social organization, education, management and production has taken small Denmark out into the world ever since the Ice Age. The Anatomy of Denmark is clearly written and lavishly furnished with illustrations and tables. It provides an brief, fact-packed introduction for anyone interested in this small thriving country - archaeologist, historian, tourist and business visitor alike.
- Author BiographyKlavs Randsborg is Professor of World Archaeology at the University of Copenhagen. His research and publications have ranged widely, including the Scandinavian, European and Mediterranean Neolithic, the Bronze and Iron Ages, Classical and Near Eastern Antiquity, the Roman Period, the Migration Period, the Viking Age and the Early Middle Ages as well as African archaeology and Global topics. He is a member of the permanent council of UNESCO.
- Author(s)Klavs Randsborg
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication14/09/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.