All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guide details muscles used during common martial arts moves and how to more effectively prevent injury and gain strength, featuring more than 100 comprehensive illustrations. The perfect training supplement for martial artists, this book's detailed anatomical drawings show exactly what is happening inside the body while it's performing a physical movement. The detailed illustrations in The Anatomy of Martial Arts highlight how specific muscles stretch and contract to create powerful kicks, throws, strikes, blocks, and holds. Designed for those practicing any martial art - including judo, karate, kung fu, tae kwon do, capoeira, jujitsu, muay thai, and hapkido - the book explains the training needs and universal techniques used to strengthen muscle, prevent injury, and improve form and control during each move. It also captions each illustration with the technical terms for every muscle, giving martial artists an in-depth understanding of the inner workings of their body in motion. More than just an anatomy book, each section is accompanied by a series of helpful strength training and stretching exercises to improve the function of vital and vulnerable muscles.
- Author BiographyLily Chou is a writer, editor, and martial arts expert. She lives in Berkeley, California. Dr. Norman Link is a fourth-degree black belt in Taekwondo.
- Author(s)Lily Chou,Norman G. Link,Norman Link
- PublisherUlysses Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUlysses Press
- Content Note120 full colour illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.