All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe archaeological sites of Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, including Chichen Itza and Uxmal, are among the most visited ancient cities of the Americas. The past 20 years have seen a revolution in our interpretations of social and political process in the rthern Maya lowlands, but the great advances made by archaeologists in our understanding of this half of the Maya region are under-represented in both scholarly and popular literature. The aim of The Ancient Maya of Mexico: Reinterpreting the Past of the Northern Maya Lowlands is to present the results of new and important archaeological, epigraphic, and art historical research in the Mexican states of Yucatan, Campeche, and Quintana Roo to a broad audience of scholars, students, and educated laymen who are interested in the ancient Maya. This volume consists of original and timely contributions of the sort often published in journals. The writing style of the volume, however, is intended to be lively and approachable so as to be accessible and of particular use to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as to more advanced scholars. The organization of the volume is temporal (from the Middle Preclassic to colonial and modern periods), so that readers will understand how new data and interpretations have changed the whole of our understanding of Maya history.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey E. Braswell is an Associate Professor of Anthropology at the University of California, San Diego.
- Author(s)Geoffrey E. Braswell
- PublisherAcumen Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- Series TitleApproaches to Anthropological Archaeology
- Place of PublicationDurham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note135 figures
- Weight1039 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGeoffrey E. Braswell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.