Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe first study of the depictions of the Ancient World on the Victorian and Edwardian stage, this book analyzes plays set in and dramatising the histories of Greece, Rome, Egypt, Babylon and the Holy Land. In doing so, it seeks to locate theatre within the wider culture, tracing its links and interaction with other cultural forms.
- Author BiographyJEFFREY RICHARDS is Professor of Cultural History at Lancaster University, UK. His most recent books are Hollywood's Ancient Worlds (2008), Sir Henry Irving: a Victorian Actor and His World (2005) and Imperialism and Music (2001). His jointly authored work John Ruskin and the Victorian Theatre (with Katherine Newey) is forthcoming from Palgrave Macmillan.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Richards
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication09/10/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight480 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.