The Angel Court Affair: A Charlotte and Thomas Pitt Novel by Anne Perry (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn New York Times bestselling author Anne Perry, the glorious era when Britain reigned supreme has found its most brilliant modern interpreter. Perry s gripping new Charlotte and Thomas Pitt vel invites us back to Victorian London, where greed and ambition never sleep, and passion sometimes runs riot. As the nineteenth century draws to a close, most of Europe is in political turmoil, and terrorist threats loom large across the continent. Adding to this unrest is the controversial Sofia Delacruz, who has come to London from Spain to preach a revolutionary gospel of love and forgiveness that many consider blasphemous. Thomas Pitt, commander of Special Branch, is charged with protecting Sofia and shielding Her Majesty s government from any embarrassment that this woman, as beautiful as she is charismatic, might cause. When Sofia suddenly vanishes and two of her female disciples are gruesomely murdered, Pitt is challenged as never before. Is Sofia s cousin, wealthy banker Barton Hall, somehow involved? And why has handsome cricket star Dalton Teague insinuated himself into Pitt s investigation? Fearful that this sensational crime may trigger an international incident, Pitt welcomes the help of three allies: his clever wife, Charlotte; her great-aunt, Lady Vespasia; and Victor Narraway, Pitt s friend and former commander at Special Branch. From the narrow streets of Toledo and a lonely monastery high in the hills of Spain, to the halls and wharves of London, Pitt and his friends race against time in their desperate bid to catch a murderer. Anne Perry is the ackwledged mistress of Victorian intrigue. No one else can match her period flavor, her all-too-human characters, or her haunting truths, which speak so clearly to our own time. The Angel Court Affair may be the best of all the beloved Thomas Pitt vels. Praise for The Angel Court Affair Brilliant, heart-warming . . . Perry combines the history of the period with social issues that echo our own. RT Book Reviews (Top Pick) Be prepared for ather well-deserved vacation to Victorian London with Anne Perry as the most cunning tour guide you will ever need. . . . She is one of the best. Bookreporter Perry melds the intellectual debates of the day with a suspenseful plot line. Publishers Weekly Praise for Anne Perry s most recent Charlotte and Thomas Pitt vels Death on Blackheath Thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining . . . The period detail is beautifully done, and realistic characters and tense action are woven seamlessly together. Historical Novels Review A complex and rewarding plot and outstanding characterization . . . a book that fans of Stieg Larsson s Dragon Tattoo trilogy will find interesting. Huntington News Midnight at Marble Arch Sweeping and scandalous . . . Perry has perfected a delicate touch. The New York Times Book Review Perry is a master at illuminating the wrongs of the Victorian age. Booklist (starred review) Dorchester Terrace The always clever Anne Perry infuses Dorchester Terrace with the right amount of intrigue and complex relationships that have made this prolific series one of the finest in modern mystery fiction. Bookreporter Treason at Lisson Grove Perry has always done her historical homework on the darker elements of the British ruling class, and she has outdone herself this time. The Washington Times From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyAnne Perry is the bestselling author of two acclaimed series set in Victorian England: the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt novels, including Death on Blackheath and Midnight at Marble Arch, and the William Monk novels, including Blood on the Water and Blind Justice. She is also the author of a series of five World War I novels, as well as twelve holiday novels, most recently A New York Christmas, and a historical novel, The Sheen on the Silk, set in the Ottoman Empire. Anne Perry lives in Los Angeles and Scotland. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Anne Perry
- PublisherBallantine Books
- Date of Publication22/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleCharlotte and Thomas Pitt
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.