All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe variety and depth of Anglican theology is best engaged through personal encounter with its many sources - the theologians and theological witnesses themselves. Anglican theology is often worked out in personal terms that provide a synthesis between reflection on the truths of faith and the particular contexts of culture and life. This book presents modern Anglican theology through a unique 'gallery'. This theological gallery includes a portrait or sketch of ten Anglican writers - DuBose, Farrer, Stringfellow, Brooks, Kemper, DeKoven, McCord Adams, Polkinghorne, Gore and Macquarrie. Theological description, interpretation and application are included for each, with the presentations differing as widely as the theologians and theological witnesses themselves. Drawing together understandings and experiences of faith, this will be an invaluable resource for students of Anglican theology and anyone who seeks to understand the distinctive perspectives and contributions of Anglicanism relative to living faith and daily life.
- Author BiographyThe Revd. Robert Boak Slocum, Ph.D., served as Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences and Professor at St. Catharine College in Kentucky, USA. He earned doctorates in law (Vanderbilt), ministry (The University of the South), and systematic theology (Marquette). He is the author, editor, or co-editor of 12 books on Anglican theology and its history, including two monographs, two reference works, seven edited collections, and one devotional journal. He has published articles in the Anglican Theological Review, the Sewanee Theological Review/St. Luke's Journal of Theology, Anglican and Episcopal History, and the Journal of Ecumenical Studies. He has served as the President of the Society of Anglican and Lutheran Theologians, Co-Convenor of the Society for the Study of Anglicanism, and as Review Articles Editor and a Guest Editor of the Anglican Theological Review. He is an Episcopal priest who has served parishes in three dioceses, and he served as Ecumenical Officer of the Diocese of Lexington. He has addressed the synthesis of theological reflection and the lived experience of faith through scholarly and devotional writings.
- Author(s)Slocum Robert Boak
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary Ecclesiology
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 11 b&w illustrations
- Weight602 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Series Edited byRev. Thomas Hughson,Professor Bruce Kaye,Very Revd Prof. Martyn Percy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.