All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoao Carlos Espada's provocative survey of a group of key Anglo-American and European political thinkers argues that there is a distinctive, Anglo-American tradition of liberty that is one of the core pillars of the Free World. Giving a broad overview of the tradition through summaries of the careers and ideas of fourteen of its key thinkers, neglected despite having been tremendously influential in the tradition of liberty, the author engages with current set ideas about the meaning of 'liberal' and 'conservative' to offer an engaging, intellectual case for liberal democracy.
- Author BiographyJoao Carlos Espada is the director and founder of the Institute of Political Studies at the Catholic University of Portugal, where he is Professor of Political Studies. He earned his DPhil from the University of Oxford, and has taught at Brown, Stanford and Georgetown Universities in the US, and the College of Europe in Warsaw, Poland. He was political advisor to President Mario Soares (1986-1990) and President Cavaco Silva (2006-2011).
- Author(s)Joao Carlos Espada
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Weight472 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.