All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published as part of the best-selling The Oxford Illustrated History of Britain, John Blair's Very Short Introduction to the Anglo-Saxon Age covers the emergence of the earliest English settlements to the Norman victory in 1066. This book is a brief introduction to the political, social, religious, and cultural history of Anglo-Saxon England. ABOUT THE SERIES: The Very Short Introductions series from Oxford University Press contains hundreds of titles in almost every subject area. These pocket-sized books are the perfect way to get ahead in a new subject quickly. Our expert authors combine facts, analysis, perspective, new ideas, and enthusiasm to make interesting and challenging topics highly readable.
- Author BiographyJohn Blair is Fellow and Prelector in Modern History, The Queen's College, Oxford. His publications include Early Medieval Surrey (1991), Anglo-Saxon Oxfordshire (1994), Ministers and Parish Churches (1988), English Medieval Industries (1991), The Cloister and the World (1996), and The Church in Anglo-Saxon Society (forthcoming).
- Author(s)John Blair
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/08/2000
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note10 black and white halftones
- Weight97 g
- Width114 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.