All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1974/5: After the 'Revolution of the Carnations', Portugal is transformed into a communist state. Capitalists are ruthlessly persecuted and the liberated Portuguese colony of Angola is thrust into one of the bloodiest civil wars in history. The fabled Angolan diamond mines are closed down, but t before a group of refugees escape with a hoard of the precious gems. Their lives promise wealth and success, but a legacy of revenge and greed will eventually find them all, with fatal consequences - . 2008: A millionaire businessman drowns in the swimming pool of his mansion in Marbella; a wealthy Frenchman is killed while skiing in the Swiss Alps; and a Portuguese playboy and a prostitute are found murdered together in a seedy New York apartment. The series of seemingly unconnected deaths sets two women - Jenny Bishop, a young English widow, and Angolan born Leticia da Costa - on a terrifying journey into the past to revisit the Portuguese revolution and the Angolan civil war. Together they begin to unlock a 30 year old mystery that promises to change their lives forever - if they survive to reveal the truth. THE ANGOLAN CLAN takes the reader on a heart-stopping roller coaster ride, from past to present and back again. It is a deadly intercontinental treasure hunt laced with secrets, deceit and murder. The prize is a fortune in Angolan diamonds - .or death at the hands of a pathological killer. Christopher Lowery lived through the Revolution of the Carnations until he was forced to flee Portugal with his family in 1975. The Angolan Clan is his debut thriller and the first book in the African Diamonds series.
- Author BiographyChristopher Lowery is a 'Geordie', born in the northeast of England, who graduated in finance and economics after reluctantly giving up career choices in professional golf and rock & roll. He is a real estate and telecoms entrepreneur and has created several successful companies around the world. Chris wrote the Angolan Clan after the Revolution of the Carnations forced him to flee Portugal in 1975. He also writes patents and children's books and composes music. He and his wife Marjorie live between Geneva and Marbella. They have one daughter, a writer/photographer who is resident in Geneva.
- Author(s)Christopher Lowery
- PublisherUrbane Publications
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleAfrican Diamonds Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUrbane Publications
- Weight771 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine44 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $76.70Trending at AU $78.99
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.