All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow current this tenth century tale is for today. It addresses environmental and animal rights issues with a surprising effectiveness. A Muslim work translated by a Rabbi into Hebrew for a 14th century Christian king, now translated by a Rabbi into English, edited by a Christian and illustrated by a Muslim, this is a true interfaith title. This particular story was popular in European Jewish communities into the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Author BiographyRabbi Anson Laytner translated the Hebrew version of this story found in Jerusalem into English. Seyyed Hossein Nasr is the author of over thirty books Islamic studies, comparative philosophy and religion, philosophy of art and the philosophical and religious dimensions of the environmental crisis. Rabbi Daniel E. Bridge has been the executive director of the Hillel Foundation for Jewish Campus Life at the University of Washington for 17 years. He has previously served as assistant director of Pacific Southwest Council for Reform Judaism, member of the California State Commission on the Changing Family, and board member of the Central Conference of American Rabbis.
- Author(s)Ikwan Al-Safa
- PublisherFons Vitae,US
- Date of Publication31/05/2005
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationKentucky
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFons Vitae,US
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width178 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byKalonymus,Anson Laytner
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.